Monday, January 18, 2010

5 Months

 

The last couple of days Emmett has been practicing his D sounds!  We’ve heard sounds like dadadda deedee over and over and it’s adorable.

Emmett is going to have his first mush (or “solid” food) this week.  I have everything prepared – plastic bib, little spoons, rice cereal mix, formula to mix with it…..and of course, a hungry little boy who wants to chomp on everything!  We don’t have a highchair yet, but I think the bumbo seat will do for now.

He’s now an expert at rolling over and when I tried to take a video of it (below), I had to hold him in place so I would have a chance to start the camera before he rolled over!!  He hasn’t actually rolled the other way – front to back – so once on his tummy he gets a little frustrated because he can’t move anywhere from there! 

For a few weeks now he’s been able to pull his dummy out of his mouth (not just spit it out), but the last week or so he can find it again, pick it up, put it in his mouth, and actually leave it there!  What a clever boy.

I love my boys!

10 January 2010 022

 

 

 

 

Edit:  We got to try the rice cereal today.  I followed the instructions on the box for a first time feeding, and the cereal was much runnier than I thought.  I stuck with it, because I knew it wouldn’t hurt, and Emmett got to experience eating (slurping) from a spoon!

All ready to eat!

18 January 2010 005-ready to eat

1 comment: