Friday, April 2, 2010

Sitting’s a Cinch!


In 11 days, Emmett will be 8 months old. Wow time flies!  I know that I will probably always be saying that, but it’s always going to be true…..especially when you’re talking about babies growing up.

I’m not sure how many teeth we were up to last post, but we are now at 8….that’s right, 8 teeth.  Just when he’s done sprouting a couple of new teeth and we think we’re done for a while, he goes ahead a sprouts a few more.  And for some reason, I don’t instantly expect teething to be the problem, since we only just got over the last couple of teeth.  Anyway, Emmett has 4 teeth on top, and 4 on the bottom.

In one of the videos from the last post, Emmett accidentally sat up….well, he’s very serious about it now.  He’s also very serious about crawling and pulling up on things.  He’s still a little wobbly, but he’s really getting there!  In one video, you can hopefully hear Chris comparing Emmett’s crawling to that of a zombie baby and a frog.  I agreed to him looking like a frog….and picturing a frog actually made Emmett’s crawling even cuter!

March did bring us one last snow storm – Emmett’s 6th(?) snow storm – but I think I can say that winter is finally over.  The weather has been lovely and warm (even hot the other day), so we’ve been going out for walks around our lake, at the park, and to the shops.  Unfortunately, the last couple of days have been incredibly windy….but Emmett is surviving.  Just being outside is good enough for him!  I let him taste some grass and some willow tree branches, so he was perfectly happy!

Emmett now loves banana, avocado, pear, and yoghurt.  He was starting to get a little sick of his veggie dinners, but Cath suggested I add a little cheese, and that worked wonders!  I even sneak in a little broccoli and he gobbles it all up…thanks Cath and cheese!  Emmett got to eat his first Vegemite sandwich a couple of days ago, and now enjoys vegemite on toast for breakfast!  And also had his first ice block/popsicle the day that it was actually kind of hot! 

I bought Emmett 2 sippy cups to start transitioning from his bottles, and I finally started offering them to him the other day.  I put water in them so that I don’t have to clean him up every time he tries to drink from them.  He’s getting the hang of it though!!

Other than all the teething that’s been going on, he’s been a happy chappy.  He really loves to read his TRUCKS book, and loves to play peek-a-boo even more now that he can move himself around.  And I was just going to mention that I’ve had to go through all his clothes and put away outfits he’s outgrown, when I remembered that I had not yet mentioned that we BOUGHT A HOUSE!  So we’ll be moving again around the last week of April.  We are obviously very excited to be getting our own place!  It’s really beautiful!  And I’m excited to be getting a backyard again – just in time for summer, and perfect for little kiddie pools!  Just wait for pictures of Emmett and his mummy sitting in the kiddie pool and eating ice blocks!  :)

OK…now for what you might have just skipped all the above to see!!….  ;)

This video is a little long, so I don’t mind if you don’t make it to the end.  But you need to see the first minute or so, because Emmett very clearly says, “Hello Dad!”  :)  Funny boy.  Oh and it was finally warm enough to let Emmett play clothes-free!

Our little frog….or zombie baby!

Emmett played with this paper for ages.  Clearly his mother doesn’t normally let him have paper!

He’s always been extremely vocal!! 

Snack time…..and building up those fine motor skills!

Time for some water!

Clapping hands!

 

A good friend took these next set of photos for us while at their place for dinner!  She did an amazing job….and she was just snapping away for fun!  Please remember to click on the photos to see the originals.

CAM3771-Edit

CAM3772-Edit

CAM3788-Edit2

CAM3809-Edit

CAM3811-Edit

And here are my photos from March 2010….

22 March 2010 035

22 March 2010 041

18 March 2010 022

29 March 2010 040

29 March 2010 057

29 March 2010 090

29 March 2010 095

29 March 2010 103

27 March 2010 037

29 March 2010 078
31 March 2010 010

And I’ve been meaning to get this photo to Miranda for a while now.  Here it is, Miranda!  Sorry it took me so long. 

04 March 2010 038

No comments:

Post a Comment