Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Little (Big) Overachiever

Our little man is 2 weeks old today…but it turns out that he is not as little as we thought!! I took Emmett to his 2 week check up today and the little guy weighed in at 9lbs 15 1/2 oz!!! He is almost 10 pounds! The doctor said he would have been happy if Emmett had at least reached his birth weight of 9lbs 1oz!! So I don’t think I need to worry about Emmett not getting enough to eat!!

Emmett and I had a wonderful day today. We went to the doctor, we went grocery shopping, we came home and “talked” and read books, we went for a walk around the lake, we had some tummy time, and we ate a lot without overeating. I was worried the other day because he spat up a couple times after being fed. I was concerned, obviously because I hated seeing him throw up all his food, but we decided that he was probably just overeating. I asked the doctor about it and he was not concerned as Emmett was still gaining weight and wasn’t upset after spitting up etc.

I don’t have much else to say, so here’s a video of Emmett’s tummy time. Once again, he’s our little overachiever. By about the end of Emmett’s first week, we noticed that he could lift and turn his head while propped up on Chris’s shoulder. He was still occasionally pretty floppy, but had surprisingly good control of his head and neck. Now, by 2 weeks, he can lift his head while lying face down on the floor!! What a clever boy.

And some photos of our beautiful boy:

Emmett Ian Malan 220- close up

Emmett Ian Malan 226- mr sleeps a lot

Emmett Ian Malan 230- in his big bed

Emmett Ian Malan 236- laying around

Emmett Ian Malan 239- laying around

Emmett Ian Malan 241- snuggles

We probably shouldn’t try to take photos of a hungry boy!

Emmett Ian Malan 243- feed me mumma

First real bath – he looks concerned in this photo, but he didn’t cry at all and seemed to enjoy it! What a good boy.

Emmett Ian Malan 245- first real bath and loved it

Emmett Ian Malan 248- on mummys lap

Emmett Ian Malan 250- on mummys lap

Emmett Ian Malan 227- baby room

It’s a little hard to see because of the light, but here are the curtains that Kay made for Emmett’s room. They are beautiful and go perfectly with the room.

Emmett Ian Malan 228- baby room

Emmett Ian Malan 229- baby room

These next two photos were not in older posts because they would have revealed Emmett’s name to those not wanting to find out.

Kay made these cupcakes for the baby shower!

002.1

019

And now since my sister has received these in the mail, I would like to share my second attempt at bitty booties! And of course, my niece needed her own nappy bag!!!

026.1

021.1

That’s all for now! But you know it won’t be long before I have more photos to share of Emmett!

1 comment:

  1. He looks like he is trying to crawl in the video. Rediculous. Overachiever for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete