Saturday, August 1, 2009

Still Pregnant…

I am now almost 39 weeks pregnant – I can’t believe we’re here already!!   I have finished work and am now officially on maternity leave.   My 2nd last doctor’s appointment was the 30th of July and I was told that I am 1cm dilated!!  I was really happy to hear that something is happening!  I’ve also been told that my belly has dropped a little (see the last photo to judge for yourselves).  I still have one more appointment scheduled for next Wednesday – which I may or may not need to go to!!  Chris and I feel like we are ready for this baby boy to arrive, and don’t really want to have to wait until the 10th or later.  I wouldn’t mind if he came earlier than the 10th, but I would like a couple of days off work first before he comes!!!  I hope I’m not asking for too much.   ;)

I still need a little more time before baby because I only just started making curtains for our living room.  I cut out the material today and will probably end up sewing the curtains when Chris goes back to work on Monday. 

I am pleased to say that I actually finished knitting my little boy’s blanket before he arrived, and also finished some other projects for myself and friends…see below.

Baby Blanket01

Baby Blanket02

You can either call this one below a “Nursing Cover-up” or a “Hooter Hider”!!  I prefer the latter.  I bought enough material to make one for a friend and one for me!  :)   This Hooter Hider comes with an adjustable neck strap and boning in between the straps so that hopefully you are the only one who can see what’s happening!!

Hooter Hider01

Hooter Hider02

010-HooterHider or Nursing Cover up

My first attempt at Bitty Booties for a friend.  Hopefully in my week off work I will get to make some more!!!  They’re adorable.

015.BittyBooties for McKayla

015.BittyBooties

And here I am almost at 39 weeks.  The Belly doesn’t get to see much sun, and I think I need to put those feet up!!!!  I’m definitely happy to be replacing 16 2-year-olds with one new born!!  (Oh I hope I don’t have to eat my words!!!)

1Aug09-39weeks

I’m a happy girl – no more work for 12 weeks – all I need to do now is have myself a baby!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear the news.
    You are extremly talented...love all the things you've made. The blanket...booties and the hooter hider...all very impressive. And curtains -- wow. :) I LOVE the hooter hider by the way!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. as in loved using it....very handy

    ReplyDelete